This page is a journal to document the creation of my Personal Development Portfolio project as part of my HND Sound Production Studies
Week 6 (02/11/20-09/11/20)
- This week I was creating content for my blog. I was colliding information about a couple of my DIY low-fi soundbox projects from MFOS. I was pulling all the photos of the build and wrote a post about these two DIY sound generators.
- Reorganized the labelling system of the blog posts
- Researched for a simple product idea inspiration on various DIY and music technology websites
Week 7 (09/11/20-15/11/20)
- Scheduled blog post was created. This time I was writing a jargon buster for explaining common technical terms used during an analogue to digital conversion process
- Linked my Instagram account to my project Facebook page, so now all posts from the Instagram account will appear on my FB page as well
- Linked my blog to my LinkedIn account. I use my LinkedIn for raising my own professional portfolio and drive traffic to my main site. All blog posts are now published on my LinkedIn account.
- Researched possible technical solutions for a simple microphone built
- I have started to build a new low-fi soundbox. It is another MFOS project, called the Noise Toaster. See some of the progress on my Instagram account.
Week 8 (16/11/20-22/11/20)
- My weekly blog post was created. I was writing about audio setting issues one might face using Pro-Tools under Windows.
- I have upgraded my blog subscription plan from personal to premium. This will give the ability for implementing more feature into the website. (a very long discussion in itself)
- I have researched and picked two possible design for the simple microphone project. This will be documented on the Week 9 entry.
- I have researched three possible simple microphone designs. 1. Using an existing cheap microphone capsule and build the surrounding circuitry. 2. Using a reversed speaker cone instead of a capsule 3. Using graphite rods as pick-ups. This is a very basic, but interesting design.
Week 9 (23/11/20-29/11/20)
- This week I have posted a couple interesting pics on my Instagram account to maintain social media presence
- I have spent most of my time to catch up with the other projects on my course. I have dedicated this week to complete assignments for DAW class
Week 10 (30/11/20-06/12/20)
- On that week my catching up efforts continue with DAW and ISP assignments
Week 11 (06/12/20-13/12/20)
- Week 11 I have tied up the loose ends of all the assignments which I was behind with.
Week 12 (14/12/20-20/12/20)
- Evaluation two assignments
- Researching microphone project through these articles
- Early History of Microphones
- DIY ribbon microphone
- Pencil lead type microphone builds I.
- Pencil lead type microphone builds II.
- Pencil lead type microphone builds III.
- Pencil lead type microphone builds IV.
- Carbon Microphone WIKI
- Early Microphone History from Wired
- Early Transmitters
- Edison Tech Center Microphone History
- The Boys First Book of Radio Electronics (1954) by Alfred Morgan
- Gathering materials for pencil lead microphone prototype
- I have built the first successful prototype.
Week 13 (21/12/20-27/12/20)
Week 14 (28/12/20-03/01/21)
Week 15 (04/01/21-10/01/21)
I have looked into various ways to promote content on my website.
- Domain name reference linking on other websites, this can include forum activity and social media posting
- Enrolling the domain name to various analytics and tracking tools including Google, etc.
- Paid promotion applied to successful posts, if budget allows it.
- Paid promotion of website domain, if target audience identified and budget allows it